Sunday, March 21, 2010

3-21-10



These three I have done before but I changed them up a little this time..


This one was done to match the funky cool baby nursery...




This one needs an explanantion...
I had a request to make an armadillo grooms cake for a wedding. I thought it a little odd until I was told that it is from the movie "Steel Magnolias". I was interested to try, having never done anything like that before! It also needed to feed 100 people so it was going to have to be massive...and the inside was to be red velvet to make it extra gross when you cut into it! They wanted it to look just like the one from the movie which was pretty plain and not very detailed (or big) so I thought I could make it work...it was an experience to say the least! But we kinda grew fond of him...we named him Arthur.
Here is the one from the movie (the only picture I could find online)...

And here is my attempt..Meet Arthur

1 comment:

  1. I cant help but laugh at the fact that every cake my family orders needs a explanation! hahaha A boob cake and now a armadillo cake!

    Arthur was a huge hit - and oh so delicious! =0)

    ReplyDelete